The function of the die casting mold temperature controller
The functions of the die casting mold temperature controller are to keep the temperature of Jo and Jm constant and to prevent the temperature difference of the Jo-m becoming bigger or smaller when it is in the production process or the production is stopped. The temperature of the mold is an important factor in the heat dissipation process of metallic solution, the filling as well as the solidification processes of castings.
Too high temperatures of molds
1. The heat deformation or the casting sticking to the mold makes it difficult for the casting to be removed from the mold.
2. The sprayed mold release agent fails to form a protective film on the surface of the cavity, increasing the consumption of the mold release agent.
3. The die casting mold wears seriously, leading to the prolonged die casting cycle.
4. The temperature difference between the moving die and the fixed die causes deformation of the mold.
Accuracy decreases; scabs form; shrinkage cavity and shrinkage porosity increase.
Too low temperatures of molds
1. The casting is difficult to be removed from the mold because of the shrinkage and the casting sticking to the mold.
2. The performance of mold release agents decreases.
3. Defects such as the cold shut will be caused.
4. The thermal shock accelerates the wearing process of the mold.
5. The cold shot or the flow mark appears on the surface of the casting.
6. Accuracy of the casting decreases.
The practicability of the die casting
mold temperature controller
The die casting mold temperature controller plays an important role in the processes of start, production and cooling.
The process of start
Here is an example about the die casting mold temperature controller being used for the pedal of the die casting aluminium alloy elevator.
In the die casting process of the die casting aluminium alloy elevator's pedals, if the aluminium water instead of the die casting mold temperature controller is used for preheating the die casting machine when it is started the first time, the temperature of the mold can only reach the required temperature of the casting after a dozen of products are cast, which seriously affects the work efficiency. If the cost of a casting is 300 yuan, the total costs lost in the preheating process will be about 4,000 yuan. Thus, in the preheating process, the use of the die casting mold temperature controller can effectively reduce the rejection rate of the castings.
The process of production
Because heat in the die casting mold is basically from liquid metal, the temperature of mold will also decrease suddenly and the rejection rate of castings will rise sharply without the control of mold temperature even if production stops for just several casting cycles.
The process of cooling
Besides the preheating function, the die casting mold temperature controller has a cooling function. Furthermore, the accuracy of temperature control can reach ±1℃. The die casting mold temperature controller can take the place of the original simple water-cooling method totally and help us manufacture better die casting products.